Nivi · October 1st, 2008
- Work 40 hours a week. (Working more feels like you’re doing more, but you’re actually doing less.)
- Work below capacity (say 80%) during those 40 hours.
- Consider spreading 40 hours across 4 days instead of 5.
- Get the sleep you need; allocate 8 hours.
- If you need a short productivity boost, work more for 3 weeks. But expect an equivalent reduction in productivity afterwards.
- Work in small cross-functional teams (< 10 people).
- Put team members in a dedicated and closed room.
- Try not to split people’s time across multiple teams at once.