It’s the AngelList centi-sesquicentennial and we want to share some stats with you. After 1.5 years, AngelList has seen…
- 8,000 intros. An investor has asked for an intro to a startup on AngelList over 8,000 times.
- 400 investments. A startup has been introduced to an investor and subsequently closed that investor over 400 times.
- 8 acquisitions. At least 8 startups on AngelList have been acquired.
But who are these fine folks?
- Closed investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, CRV, Dave Morin, Mitch Kapor, Matt Mullenweg and 200 others
- Startups include Uber, Getaround, Storenvy, Wanderfly, Yipit and 200 others
- Acquirers include Twitter, Google, Facebook, eBay and LinkedIn
See all the startups and the investors they’ve closed here.
This is the data that the startups and investors have kindly reported. The actual numbers are probably 25%-100% higher (especially the investments). We don’t have data on every single intro, investment, or acquisition. For example, startups don’t always add investors to their profiles (hint).
Top markets and locations
The top 5 markets are Mobile, E-Commerce, SaaS, Digital Media and Education. And the top 5 locations are Silicon Valley, New York, Los Angeles, London and Chicago.
Rock on, please get in touch if you have any questions. And thanks to Colleen at GigaOM, Pascal at Business Insider, Jolie at VentureBeat and Brad Feld for the coverage.